Friday, September 27, 2013

Telling the Husband

Telling your husband you are pregnant has got to be one of the most exciting and more terrifying moments in your life.  This is especially true when you have just finished having a conversation about putting babies on the back burner for awhile and waiting a year before trying again.

So, I knew I had to be subtle.  Add to that the fact that my brother-in-law was staying with us. He was actually in the house when I took all my pregnancy tests and it was nearly impossible not to burst out right then and there with my news.  But, I waited.  In fact, I waited until six o-clock that night. I had taken the tests around seven am.  That is nearly 12 hours that I kept a secret. If you know me well, you know that that kind of secret is not one I had an easy time keeping.  So, when the husband got home I asked him to come into the office for a second. He probably thought I was going to talk about budgeting or money or something icky of that nature.  But, instead I had a little document opened on the computer that would reveal the big news.

Side-note, ever since visiting Sea World as a kid and watching tons of Discovery Channel programs, I have been obsessed with otters.  Anytime someone sees an otter, they normally send me a picture or tweet me or mention me on Facebook. So, naturally, I used otters in my big announcement.  Here's a little peek at my approach: (Note: I am skipping some of the really mushy stuff!)


Once upon a time two lost souls lived a happy life.

.....About 6 years later, they were married! 

....After one incredible year of marriage, doing all kinds of fun things, they are getting ready for the next phase of their lives.... and even though they made plans and changed them and made other plans, someone else must have had a plan.....
because.....................................................


They might soon be a family of three!


Then, I had him look in an envelope where I had put those tests I mentioned in my earlier post. To say he was shocked is an understatement! He was in disbelief. He kept saying, "Really?" 

Then, I showed him this picture at the very end and he got incredibly excited.  Leave it to the boxer to bring out the emotions: 






This is future Oskar and baby Lang (if he's a boy, which I think he is!) 





No comments:

Post a Comment