Friday, September 27, 2013

Bebé Lang - The big news and how we found out

It has been quite some time since I have tried out this whole blogging thing.  Seriously, last post of mine was in 2009 - That was nearly 5 years ago.  But, I felt like it was appropriate to break out the blog for this new, exciting time in my life...

After a busy past two years (engaged in 2011, married in 2012, bought first house in 2013), we decided to take another proverbial leap and started talking bebé.  Personally, I blame our friends and their adorable offspring and my job being surrounded by adorable little kids for this rapid "I want babies now" syndrome. And, for those of you wondering, it wasn't just me.  Yes, I have wanted to be a mother since I was old enough to tote a baby doll to the grocery store and put her in her own little plastic little tykes shopping cart, but I was somewhat surprised how drawn the husband was to babies too. I think he just has a gift with children. Anytime he is around a child, his/her face lights up and/or he/she instantly stops crying.  Magic!

Therefore, when we began talking about adding a little bambino to our gruesome twosome (Sorry Oskman, I left you out), we were gung ho for about three months.  Of course, right when we began to talk about taking a break, thinking about remodeling our kitchen and redoing our floors, we got a beautiful little surprise!  It's no surprise to any of you anymore but the day I saw that positive sign on the first of FIVE pregnancy tests, it was certainly a surprise.

Without going into too much detail, I'd been feeling like something was up.  I wasn't sick or tired or anything like that and I wasn't even really that late for my cycle. (I didn't really keep the best track of this either though.)  I just had some slight back pain and slightly sensitive breasts.  We were heading out of town to a wedding the following day, and I wanted to know why I was worried about drinking alcohol at this upcoming wedding.  So, I drove in POURING rain to the grocery store and bought two different kinds of tests. Of course, I ran into a parent of one of my students as I was waiting in the checkout with only the pregnancy tests in my basket. Thankfully she did not see them but I was worried. Back into the downpour I went, and a few minutes later, I was staring unbelievably at two tests with two plus signs.  A few minutes after that, I was staring at another two tests with their "PREGNANT" readings. Yep, that was four.  You'd think that would be enough but I do admit to taking one more test the following morning.  Oh, and getting a blood test done at the PCP's office. I might add that he and the nurse laughed at me when I told him how many positive tests I had taken.

So, the long and the short of it is.....BEBÉ Lang....March 17, 2014!  After we got over the initial shock, we realized how truly exciting, miraculous, and wonderful all of this is.  Now, 11 weeks later, as I write this, we are over the moon excited for the new addition and cannot wait for the gruesome twosome to become a terrific trio (plus Oskman).

Here are a few pics from early early on:

 

No baby bump at 4 -5 weeks.....don't worry...it made it's appearance no too long after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment