Monday, December 30, 2013

27 weeks - Dec. 16-22, 2013

How far along? - 27 weeks - THIRD TRIMESTER!!!
Total weight gain: - Sore subject. I weigh 142 which resulted in my doctor scolding me about weight gain. Apparently, you are only supposed to gain a total of 20-35 lbs for the whole pregnancy and I've already gained about 20 lbs, give or take. Not a good week for this. 
Maternity clothes? - Yes and yes! Except for the dress I wore at my baby shower. It was a size 6 regular and somehow it miraculously fit. 
Stretch marks? - Maybe? See previous posts
Sleep: Not good…especially at the in-laws…very hard to get comfortable
Best moment this week: Baby Shower on Saturday. It was so much fun and I appreciate all the work my mom, mother-in-law, best bud, and others put into it to make it so special.  We are so blessed 
Food cravings:  Sweets - cake, chocolate, ugh…this probably contributed to the weight gain  
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope…just car sickness on those crazy Butler County roads
Gender: Boy - and anyone who said that boys clothes are not cute did not see the stuff I got at my shower! 
Symptoms: lots of movement - I can actually see him when he moves now, tiredness but this may be from the festivities and all the traveling, a little bit of hip and leg pain - I hope this isn't sciatica.
Belly button in or out: I don't have one anymore.
Wedding rings on or off: On
Looking forward to: Christmas!!! 
Another interesting moment this week: At the same appointment I got yelled at about my weight, I had to do my glucose test for gestational diabetes.  Well, I drank the nasty sugary liquid and was fine (besides feeling like crap for the rest of the day) but when they drew my blood, I could feel my eyes getting heavy and broke out into a cold sweat.  I definitely passed out while giving blood for my test.  The technician had to lead me into a room where I laid down for a good ten minutes before I could leave.  It was a little scary and now I am worried that I have gestational diabetes since I passed out.  I guess we will find out next week. 

LOTS OF PICS! 












No comments:

Post a Comment