Friday, October 4, 2013

What's the Weirdest thing you ever ate

In the essence of the Food Network's "What's the Best Thing you ever ate?," I bring to you the preggers version of What's the Weirdest Thing you ever ate?

So, we'll start with the bizarre things I have thought about eating lately but haven't been able to get my hands on. (In truth they aren't that bizarre but they are things I wouldn't normally crave.)

First, my most ridiculous craving, and the only one I cannot really fulfill is for a HOT, TOASTED, MELTY, CHEESY, SPICY Italian Sub.  I never even liked lunch meat that much before getting pregnant but every time I see a commercial for the Subway Subtober Sub of the month -Spicy Italian, I cannot control myself.  I just want that salty delicious (really bad for you) salami, bologna, and pepperoni with oil and vinegar dressing.  Tell me that doesn't sound good!

Second, I have been loving cheese. (However, I liked it a whole lot pre-pregnancy too. The only difference is that I loved the cheeses I can't have now - brie, bleu, goat, unpasteurized deliciousness.) Yet, I am currently obsessed with cheesy nachos.  Yep, you heard right, tortilla chips slathered in hot, gooey, oily cheddar cheese.  Of course, I also have to have toppings.  The other day, I wanted jalapeños in the worst way....but we didn't have any. It is not something we keep on hand. So I improvised....the only thing close enough in texture/taste to this was a jar of bread and butter pickles we had in the fridge.  Pickle Nachos anyone?  I am not lying when I say they were fantastic!!

Third, I have not been able to stop thinking about apples - apple sauce, apple cider (which I cannot have!), sauteed apples in cinnamon and sugar, and of course, apple pie.  I don't know if it is the crisp fall air or if I am just losing my mind but I am hell-bent on finding a good apple pie at the Amish market this week.  (Side note - every time I have ventured into the Amish market during this pregnancy, I have had to leave because of nausea....anyone else have an aversion to a place?!) I am going to brave it though in the name of apple pie!

Last, I really want some pumpkin curry.  Again - fall, crisp air. Pumpkins, October?  Or, perhaps this baby has some really ethnic tastes already.

Here's to a weekend hopefully filled with apple pie and maybe pumpkin curry. But, don't worry, we don't have any bread and butter pickles in the house : )

What's the weirdest thing you ever ate?



No comments:

Post a Comment