Friday, October 4, 2013

16 weeks preggo


How far along? - 16 weeks (I feel way more than 4 months pregnant.) 

Total weight gain: - well, I thought I had gained like 5 but when I went to the OB's this week for my 16 week appointment, I had only gained 3. I'm 127 now. I was about 124 pre-pregnancy. Seriously, with the bump I am sporting...how does this add up?! 
Maternity clothes? - Oh, yes. Last weekend I found a great consignment shop that had some good deals on pants (which I am in desperate need of).  I cannot really do shirts yet unless they are empire waist.  I am still trying to wear lots of dresses though. They are just so much more comfortable than any pants I own. I think I have passed the mark of using my Bella band for pants...I actually starting using it as a slip under dresses now because I no longer have one of those that works with this bump. UGH #bigbumpproblems
Stretch marks? - nope - although I bet they are on their way 
Sleep: I have been waking up on my back more and more. The OB said it is not a huge deal until  3rd trimester (that was a relief).  I also have been sleeping better, especially on the night I took tylenol PM for my cold. 
Best moment this week: I think it will be this weekend - my little sister is coming to visit.  It will be her first time seeing our new house and she and I are going to a huge consignment sale for baby stuff. 
Food cravings:  I still want apple pie. See previous post! I also have been craving things but then I am only able to eat a few bites of them. (This is so not me! I am usually a big eater, even when I am not pregnant.) 
Anything making you queasy or sick: The only thing that made me slightly queasy this week was our hour and a half bus ride (with 40 or so screaming, cackling middle school girls) to an away soccer game. I think it was the bus ride but it also might have been the thought of living with a child (or children) who think it's entertaining to scream at the top of their lungs for fun. (Have I mentioned why I want a boy lately?!) haha I am only kind of kidding here. 
Gender: I think boy (based on how I am carrying and my dreams) 
Symptoms: pain in my back and stomach (everything stretching out), leg cramps at night (cannot get rid of these no matter what I try), and a rockin cold (stuffy nose that switches to runny nose during day when I am teaching)- UGH! I'm enjoying pregnancy though : ) 
Belly button in or out: in 
Wedding rings on or off: on
Looking forward to: finding out that this is (hopefully) a little boy in four weeks; my sister coming to spend time with us - I wonder if this will be her last visit before we have the little one. She lives pretty far away. (All of our family does).  It is weird to think about that. 

Here's a little treat: Oskar (our dog) doesn't really know what's going on yet but when I purchased a car seat (consignment of course) earlier in the week, his reaction was pretty funny: 

Cowgirl outfit - yellow dress, cowboy boots, and bump


            I look kind of weird in those - My husband always catches the picture at the worst minute : )


                                     Am I really only 4 months pregnant? I look like 7 here. EEK! 

No comments:

Post a Comment