Monday, October 14, 2013

17 weeks preggo

How far along? - 17 weeks 
Total weight gain: - I have no idea. I got on the scale after eating a particularly large meal and actually broke into 130...PANIC. SWEAT. HOW THE H DID THAT HAPPEN?  But, then a few days later, not after a large meal the scale read 127 again.  So, I either gained 3 pounds or stayed the same. 
Maternity clothes? - I live in maternity clothes and one specific pair of yoga pants. I actually have a few pairs of maternity pants that are starting to be too small...YIKES -How did that happen? 
Stretch marks? - none but my belly looks weirder every day
Sleep: Much better this week...the best night by far was when our very generous friends let us actually sleep in their king size bed while we were visiting them in Cleveland...HEAVEN : ) 
Best moment this week: Baby Lang attended his/her second wedding and I got to thoroughly enjoy slow dancing with my husband and my baby between us ; ) I actually lasted longer than I thought I would at this wedding - made it up until 1 am. I was proud of myself but hurting the next day. 
Food cravings:  No crazy ones this week.  My mother-in-law made us a delicious lasagna though. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: So, I wasn't imagining it when I thought I was more susceptible to car sickness last week while riding the bus to our away soccer game. I was extremely nauseous/carsick on our trip to and from Cleveland, OH. I guess my days of long car rides might be behind us from this point on (expect for Thanksgiving...more on that later) 
Gender: Boy...girl...boy...I have no clue but hopefully we will know in about two weeks. 
Symptoms: no new ones - def. feeling movement this week. I love it. It feels like a little tickle in my lower belly.  
Belly button in or out: in (but not for long judging by the looks of things) 
Wedding rings on or off: on when I remember to wear them.
Looking forward to: finding out what this little companion of mine is...2 weeks.  NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO parent teacher conferences this week (40 meetings in 2 days sure is a lot for this preggo) 

Another fun moment this week: At our friends' wedding this weekend, my good friend (who is also currently a medical resident in Bmore) got a little bit tipsy and insisted on measuring my uterus at our dinner table...was quite a spectacle...but that was the first time someone else truly touched my belly. 







No comments:

Post a Comment